Sadly, the limited time left at the end of school has meant that I won't be able to finish my oil painting. However, that is not to say that I haven't learned a lot from the project. After doing a quick brunaille I started on the grisaille, which I found extremely difficult, but also satisfying. While I'm not happy with the grisaille as it is (especially the flat grey unfinished bottle), I can tell that I'm moving in the right direction, and the level of value and detail is building up and coming along. I wish we had more time to complete this, but I might be able to find time over the summer to work a little more on it.
I am finally "done" with this project that has taken an excessively long amount of time. I am actually really proud of it, considering all the different elements that were involved: a ceramic tree that needed to be assembled, a frame with eyehooks, and then the entire assembly suspended by wire. While I don't have all the suspending wires in place, and they may never be in place, I think the piece as it is does have a nice level of polish and finish. While I began this project unsure of where I was going, I am satisfied that I was able to pull together a cohesive idea that directly related to and represented my content.